Facts About Meghan and Harry’s $3.06 Million Dollar Home Renovation

They spent a ton of money on this reno. What did it all go to? We did some digging.
12thingsmeghanshouse-feautureimage

Blame Queen Victoria for the name change

Photo: Shutterstock

While the property was originally known as Double Garden Cottage, in 1875 Queen Victoria had breakfast there. In the book The Letters of Queen Victoria, there is a communication where she noted an “immense number of little frogs” which she found “quite disgusting.” She also added in a letter that they made the “grass look as if it were alive.”

So history notes that the name change in 1875.

Advertisement

Leave a Reply